Wednesday 26 February 2014

Front Cover linking to Research




I've chosen two music magazine front covers to use as inspiration to create my own cover. I've chosen to use these covers because they both are pop magazine and I liked how the front covers were laid out because it goes against the stereotypical conventions that you would see on a pop magazine. What I mean by this is you'd expect to see a very colorful and bright girly cover such as this one:


But I preferred the layout/style of a more well-known magazine as its appearance comes across more established and gives a sense of maturity to its look by the color scheme they use because the other two magazines use a more limited color scheme because the magazines stick to around 3-4 main colors while on the other hand the stereotypical pop magazines use up too 4-6 colors so this indicates who the magazines target audience is - teens/adults which links to my magazine as i'm aiming it to the same age group. So using the same method of simplicity that Q magazines do with their color schemes I have used a limited amount of  color as well - blue,black and white. Also the logo/masthead being used  for Q magazines (red box and white Q inside it) is very eye catching and really stands out as red is one of the boldest colors, so its effective to use in a masthead as its simple but it stands out because of its color. So I've used the same effect making my masthead with a red box with the letter C (stands for Clash) in white on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment