Thursday 13 February 2014

Masthead and Font Decision


I chose to use a logo as my masthead, reason being is that the pop magazines I've look at/ done my research on were very well known company brands which use a logo for their magazines and I liked how it came across to me and the appearance of it, in my opinion using a logo instead of a word for a masthead makes it look more like an established magazine so that's why I've chosen to do a logo for my magazine. Also I'm using most on the conventions that you would see in a high marketed magazine (such as a logo) to give my magazine the same style as a well-known magazine company would do. I looked at the different fonts I could use as my masthead for the front cover of my music magazine. My favourite font was the middle one on the bottom row, reason being is that its clear and bold as well as being quite a formal font which I liked because it makes the logo look more professional. I got feedback from people that were my target audience (girls aged from 14-18) and they agreed with me that the font I preferred the most I should use but they said instead of the text being black they would rather like it to be white and for the red box/square to not be flat. So I took on board their suggestions and made some adjustments, I used white text like they suggested and I made a 3 dimensional effect on the red square behind the text, by using bevel effect on PowerPoint.






No comments:

Post a Comment