Monday 10 February 2014

Test Shots/Mise-en-Scene


Below are my test shots that I've taken of my model (Megan Lindsey) which are tests of what shots I want to include in my magazine front cover.  I made sure to focus on the aspect of mise-en-cine for a magazine from the genre of Pop by making sure that for my final shots I will focus on achieving the look of a stereotypical teenage pop singer by getting my model to wear outfits that would relate to my genre. The clothing I plan have my artist in will be a plain black crop top for my front cover but since I will be doing a close up or extra close up for my cover page, my models shirt wont be visible/ hardly seen so the clothing she wears for this shot isn't as important as it will be for my other magazine pages (contents and double page spread). I also want my artist to be wearing a gold chain of some sort, most preferably a smaller chain/necklace, and I would like her to be wearing gold hoop earrings. Her makeup will be quite light nothing too bold like red or purple lipstick, I want to keep her makeup as light as possible to translate to the viewer that she is still young and youthful, which links to my genre of pop, the appearances of young teenage female artists that I've researched and looked at don't wear a heavy amount of make up for the audience to not get the wrong impression. So I made sure I didn't make the mistake of making my artist wear a lot of makeup for my shots. Also seeing as my artists influence in music and style is Miley Cyrus, looking at Miley's style I would say that my artist has used her fashion sense as inspiration to what she would wear, also I've looked at Mileys make up style and she too dose not wear a lot of makeup but sometimes a hint of light eye shadow and pink lipstick so I will be making sure that my artist uses her as influence to what she will be wearing for my real shots.
















No comments:

Post a Comment