Friday 7 February 2014

POP Magazine Deconstruction




In this prezi, I have chosen to analyse and annotate a front cover, contents page and double page, and I'm using the layouts of these magazine pages as influence for me when i'm creating my own Pop music magazine to incorporate for example I like the positioning of the model on the page so i'll be using the shots used in these magazine pages to influence my choices on what position I will place my model in when i'm taking my test shots. I have had feedback on the colour scheme I will be using on my magazine and looking at these official magazine pages I can see that the main colours used is white and black usually the choice of colour magazines tend to mix with those two colours are red, pink and blue I believe they  do this because those colours are all quite bold and eye catching and will also improve the readability when the text is laid on top of a busy background or image. On my front cover I will have an extreme close up shot, zooming into my artist as this will be effective from the direct angle of gaze to grab the readers attention, this is what Q magazine did too with Florence an the machine. I want to make my music magazine obvious that its from the Pop genre, so using the layout like Q magazine, I will use bold fonts along each side of my artists head also my artist will be smiling to make the front cover look happy and positive, and that will link with the genre and have my artist portray the typical conventions of a what Pop artists appear like in pop music magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment